NASK is seeking skilled System Administrators to join the NASK Corporate IT Team. Candidates must have a BS in a related field, industry certifications are preferred. Candidates must have five or more years experience with Windows Server and built in roles (i.e. Active Directory, etc.) and a working knowledge of Linux.
- Achieves in-depth knowledge of company processes, systems, and networks
- Monitors assigned systems to ensure high availability, optimum performance, and security
- Designs, implements, secures, and maintains systems and associated applications, services, and components
- Assists with day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades
- Follows established IT policies and procedures to perform audits and ensure compliance
- Ensures data integrity by implementing standard software and hardware solutions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS in computer science, business administration, MIS, or related field
- COMPTIA Security+ certification
- Minimum of five (5) years of prior system administration experience
- Working knowledge and experience with Tier 1 Support (hardware/software/peripherals)
- Understanding and ability to implement information systems security best practices
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Professionalism and courtesy in all interactions
- Working knowledge of core system administration protocols
- Works well under pressure and models a strong work ethic
- Focuses on results and follow through on commitments and assignments
- Must be US Citizen and Active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph
- Experience with SSL certificates and certificate authorities
- Experience with DCID 6/3 and/or ICD 503 Security Practices
- Git/Subversion familiarity
- JIRA (or equivalent task management) familiarity
- Networking (Routing/Subnetting/Layer) familiarity
- Storage (RAIDing/NAS/SAN) concept familiarity
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods of time in lab environments. Ability to communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face. Some domestic travel required.
**NASK provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.**